Vegan Arugula Lentil Tacos
Lentils make a nice substitute for the traditional beef that usually goes in tacos.
- 1 cup dried, brown lentils
- 1, 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix (vegan)
- 1 handful arugula (1 handful = 100 g)
- Corn tortillas or taco shells
- Shredded romaine lettuce
- Cucumber slices
- Chopped, fresh tomatoes
- Soy sour cream
- Soak the lentils in a large bowl until soft, about one hour.
- Transfer to a saucepan and mix with tomato sauce and taco seasoning.
- Add about ¼ cup of water.
- Simmer on low until heated through.
- Finally, wash the arugula and add it to the bowl.
- Spoon into taco shells or tortillas and top with things like sour cream, salsa, lettuce, cucumber, and tomato.