Chocolate ice cream
The main thing you want to avoid is ice crystals forming in the mixture this can be achieved by adding air into the mix, you can do this by taking the mixture out of the freezer after 20 minutes and giving it a further whisk.
- Ingredients (serves 3-4)
200ml of milk
40g of fine sugar
120g of Lindt 99% excellence chocolate
70ml of water
140ml of cream
7ml of vanilla essence
- Whisk the egg and sugar and add the warm milk whilst whisking.
- Add the mix to a bowl and heat without boiling for about five minutes
- Strain this mix then leave to cool
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place into another bowl add the water, dissolve this slowly over a low heat.
- Add the melted chocolate to the previous mix and stir.
- Important you now need to cool this mix.
- Once cooled add the half whipped cream and vanilla and gently whisk for 1 minute.
- Place this in your freezer remove after 20 minutes and whisk (churn) for a couple of minutes then return to freezer