Banana-Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 (makes 8 muffins)
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
¾ c. natural almond butter
¼ c. real maple syrup
1 large egg
1 t. vanilla extract
1 T. coconut flour
¼ t. baking soda
¼ t. salt
1 3-oz. bar unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and line a 12-muffin cup tin with 8 paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bananas, almond butter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk briskly into a fairly smooth batter.
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chunks until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Divide the batter between the 8 muffin cups and place in the pre-heated oven to bake until cooked through and puffy, approximately 18-20 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the muffin tin to serve. Enjoy!